The Trustees of the Olivetan Benedictine Sisters, Turvey Abbey, are the data controller. They gather certain personal data in order to process bookings for retreats, quiet days and spiritual direction.
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. This policy explains how the data controller uses any personal data collected in order for the processing of bookings.
Types of data processed
- Names and titles
- Email addresses
- Land and mobile telephone numbers
- Special needs in relation to a visit to Turvey Abbey (e.g. dietary requirements).
Legal basis for processing personal data
Processing for the legitimate interests of the Trustees of the Olivetan Benedictine Sisters, Turvey Abbey, in order to administer bookings for retreats, quiet days and spiritual direction, and in the case of residential visits, to ensure that the individual has dietary and mobility needs met as far as possible.
When the data is stored electronically:
- It is password protected from unauthorised access
- When stored on removable media, these are kept locked away securely when not being used
- All computers containing data are protected by reputable security software and a firewall.
When the data is stored on paper:
- It is kept in a locked filing cabinet when not in use
- The paper is shredded when no longer required.
Personal data is destroyed at the end of the financial year during which the booking occurs except in so far as data is included in accounting records, when it is retained for seven years.
Subject access requests
All individuals who are the subject of personal data held by the Trustees of the Olivetan Benedictine Sisters, Turvey Abbey, are entitled to:
- Request a copy of any data held about the subject
- Request correction of any inaccurate or out-of-date data
- Request that personal data is erased when it is no longer necessary for the legitimate purposes of the data controller
Subject access requests, or general queries about this policy should be made in the first instance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: The Bursar, Turvey Abbey, Turvey, Bedfordshire MK43 8DE.